News & Updates
News, information and updates
Annual General Meeting
Thursday, August 26, 2021 @ 7:00 pm
RIVERLANDS RED BARN - 8084 PEMBERTON MEADOWS ROAD, PEMBERTON, BC
The Pemberton Valley Dyking District (PVDD) will be holding its 74th Annual General Meeting, and you are invited to attend this event. You will gain a great overview of what the PVDD does, see what projects have been completed and what projects are in progress for 2021/2022.
At the Thursday, August 26, 2021 AGM, the PVDD will be electing two Trustees to the Board for a 3-year term each. Trustee remuneration will also be decided by the electors and trustees at this meeting.
VOTER ELIGIBILITY (ID MUST BE PRESENTED):
- A Canadian citizen.
- Eighteen years of age, or older.
- An owner of land within the PVDD boundaries.
- A resident of the province of British Columbia for the prior six months.
- Legal representative of an owner of land within the PVDD boundaries.
- Authorized agent of a corporation or board that owns land within the PVDD boundaries. The authorized agent must deliver a letter in writing on company letterhead before the election begins. That authorized agent must sign a Statutory Declaration Form prior to voting.
- Every person who is qualified to be an elector is also qualified to be a Trustee.
- The spouse of a qualified elector may also hold the office of Trustee.
To reserve your spot at the AGM, please go to Eventbrite.ca and search "PVDD Annual General Meeting." Please sign up so we know how many people will be attending.
Monthly Board of Trustees Meetings
The monthly Board of Trustees meeting is held at the Pemberton Valley Dyking District office, at 7:00 pm every 3rd Thursday of each month unless otherwise posted. If you wish to address the Board of Trustees, please notify the office no later than Monday of that week, so that you can be added to the agenda.
Members of the public can attend Board of Trustees meetings electronically, but this must be arranged in advance by contacting the office.