News & Updates
News, information and updates
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Thursday, July 13, 2023 @ 7:00 pm
7390 Cottonwood Street, Pemberton, BC
The Pemberton Valley Dyking District (PVDD) will be holding its 76th Annual General Meeting, and you are invited to attend this event. You will gain a great overview of what the PVDD does, see what projects have been completed and what projects are in progress for 2023/2024.
At the Thursday, July 13, 2023 AGM, the PVDD will be electing one Trustee to the Board for a term of approximately 3 years – terms end on the date of the election held in the 3rd year. Landowners to also approve Trustee honorarium at this meeting (2021 Remuneration Resolution).
2021 Remuneration Resolution
Voter Eligibility: (ID must be presented)
Only persons attending the election and meeting the following eligibility requirements are entitled to vote:
- A Canadian Citizen.
- Eighteen years of age, or older.
- An owner of land within the Pemberton Valley Dyking District boundaries.
- A resident of the province of British Columbia for the prior six months.
- Legal representative of an owner of land within the Pemberton Valley Dyking District boundaries.
- Authorized agent of a corporation or board that owns land within the Pemberton Valley Dyking District boundaries. The authorized agent must deliver a letter in writing on company letterhead before the election begins. That authorized agent must sign a Statutory Declaration Form prior to voting.
- Every person who is qualified to be an elector is also qualified to be a Trustee.
- The spouse of a qualified elector may also hold the office of Trustee.
Monthly Board of Trustees Meetings
The monthly Board of Trustees meeting is held at the Pemberton Valley Dyking District office, at 7:00 pm every 3rd Thursday of each month unless otherwise posted. If you wish to address the Board of Trustees, please notify the office no later than Monday of that week, so that you can be added to the agenda.
Members of the public can attend Board of Trustees meetings electronically, but this must be arranged in advance by contacting the office.